Monday, January 12, 2004

Frances - **1/2

Jessica Lange took home an Oscar in 1982 for her supporting role in "Tootsie," but she was also nominated in the Lead Actress category for this melodramtic biopic of actress Frances Farmer.

It is my firm belief that this movie is responsible for the Lifetime Network. It's unclear how much dramatic license the filmmakers took but it's evident from what they present that every bad thing that ever happened to a lead character in a Lifetime movie happened to Frances during the span of only a few years. It's melodramatic, over the top and often unbalanced--actors probably love this movie.

I have no knowledge of Frances Farmer nor do I care to research her career any further, however, Lange certainly deserved her recognition for this role that will forever remind me of all my ex-girlfriends.

No comments: