Monday, December 08, 2008

December Screenings - 1st Week Only

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Theatrical Cut) - ***1/2

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Theatrical Cut) - ****

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Theatrical Cut) - ***1/2

The Godfather - **** My only screening of this film had been back in college on a 13-inch TV when USA ran the 1st two in the series. Sad, yes. After seeing this in a more "theatrical" environment on a much, much bigger screen, I highly enjoyed this film. I'm anxiously awaiting a screening of the "restored" version soon.

The Godfather Part II - *** (I've always argued how this film is better than the 1st one, but I've changed my mind.)

The Godfather Part III - **1/2 (Sophia Coppola didn't ruin this film as much as I remembered from my first screening upon the film's release. Yes, she's not a good actress and thankfully has maybe 10 minutes of screen time. If she were a great actress she may not have taken up directing and the world probably wouldn't have "Lost in Translation" - so suck it. When you watch the trilogy back to back to back, it holds up ok, but it's nowhere near as good as the 1st one.)

3 comments:

Dunkproductions said...

I am anxiously awaiting your next update, how about a top 10?

Rob

D-Dog said...

I'm not big on Top 10's... I'm uncomfortable enough using a "star" rating as I don't think every film should be rated on the same scale.

D-Dog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.